How do owner-time weeks work in a charter?
Instead of using allotted owner time to take a sailing vacation himself, the boat owner sells you the privilege of using his week aboard the boat. Because an individual boat owner has less marketing power than large yacht charter companies, the owner time weeks are usually sold at a discount. Here is how the charter is booked:
- You work with our staff to settle on the destination, boat type, and price.
- The boat gets booked under the boat owner’s name.
- You and your guests will be registered as the owner’s special guests.
- If you are booking a bareboat charter, you will appoint a skilled skipper. (If you do not have a skipper, we can arrange one for you). The appointed skipper will fill out a captain resumé for the owner’s review and the charter company’s acceptance.
- Upon full payment and acceptance of the captain resumé, you arrive at the port to board your boat. Note to make your vacation more relaxing we not only can provide captains, but chef or provisioning on anyof our boats.