Bareboat Catamaran Charters
Steer your own sailing vacation with our bareboat catamaran charters. Your family and friends will enjoy private sailing adventure aboard your selection from our diverse late-model catamarans. As a licensed skipper, you can set your own itinerary and time tables.
Want more time to relax while on vacation? On any of our bareboats, you can add a captain, chef, or provisioning. Add all 3 and enjoy an all-inclusive crewed charter aboard any of our bareboat catamarans.
Upon arrival at your charter base, you will be provided an overview of your cruising area and a walk-through to familiarize you with your catamaran. Before you set sail, you will become familiar with:
- Safety equipment aboard such as fire extinguishers, lifejackets, and first aid kits
- Cooking and refrigeration systems
- The heads and showers
- Engine and regular check procedures
- The VHF radio system and proper mayday instructions
- All instruments, including the GPS
- All necessary charts and pilot books
- The halyards, winches, reefing lines and other rigging and controls
- The anchoring system(s)
- Dinghy and its engine
- All other systems particular to that vessel
Bareboat Charter Requirements
Most often, your captain’s resume should include sailing experience on a similarly sized catamaran. You will find it more comfortable and safe to have a crewmember of similar experience.
NauticEd Bareboat Sailing Series can help you prepare to refresh your knowledge on anchoring, navigation, maneuvering in tight areas, and other key aspects that will keep you and the boat safe and sound.
Many bareboat catamaran charter skippers find it helpful to hire a captain for the first 2-3 days to get specific boat handling information as well as learn more about the local area.